fit screen width
A souvenir produced for the 25th anniversary of the inaugural meeting of the first fully elected Legislative Assembly of the Northern Territory on 20 November 1974 at the first Parliament House built on the Mitchell Street site of the 1872 Telegraph Station which had been destroyed by bombs in 1942. The new Country Liberal Party led by Goff Letts held 17 of the 19 seats, and Independents Ron Withnall and Dawn Lawrie the remaining two. The Territory Assembly was increased to 25 members when electoral boundaries were redrawn in 1982. A new Parliament House was opened in 1994.